GUITAR LESSONS AT EMORY UNIVERSITY:
There are three options for taking guitar lessons at Emory:
1. MUS 320: Music Major Lessons for Credit
2. MUS 310: Non-Music Major Lessons for Credit
3. Non-Credit Lessons (see below)
*Non-Emory Students: please contact me about my private studio
Non-Credit Lessons for Emory Students!:
You can also take lessons not for credit (no audition, Jury, or performance attendance for this option):
1. 12, hour-long lessons ($800 paid up front at the start of the semester).
2. 12, half hour lessons ($400 paid up front at the start of the semester).
Please contact me if you have any questions about guitar lessons at Emory
I also maintain private studios in Lawrenceville and Decatur, GA. Contact me if interested in private study.
To instill in my students a commitment to personal excellence and a life long love for musical and artistic growth.
My role is to teach students how to overcome their technical and musical obstacles. Students may do this by developing metacognition and a locus of internal control in relation to learning music and playing the guitar.
“First Lesson Review”
This video reviews the principles behind sitting position and anatomical function of the hands. It is intended as a learning aid for beginning guitar students taking MUA 1800/3800, Introduction to Guitar, at Georgia State University.